Sunday, February 10, 2013

Guest Designer at Simply Magnolia

I am extremely excited that I was chosen as a Guest Designer at


Their challenge this time is BINGO

 How fun is Bingo and then to have two awesome sponsors
THE PRETTY LITTLE RIBBON SHOP
AND
STAMPING TILDA

Here is the canvas I made for my guest designer spot
I chose the bottom 3 Bingo choices     Flowers, Pearls and Lace


Above is Tilda with Dotbow, she is colored in Copics.  Bonny Tilda was stamped onto card stock and lightly colored with Distressed Inks, an idea I got from my friend Chris Dark.   The canvas is covered with 2 Webster Pages papers and then painted with acrylic paint to blend them in.  I also edged the canvas and papers with Vintage Photo Distressed Ink.


I used mode podge to attach the sweeties and other embellishments.  The flowers, metal and wood pieces were attached with Glossy accents.  


I used a Whimsy post card stamp, cut it in half, scrunched it up and then distressed it.  To the far left is a Melissa Frances metal corner that I attached lace to as a fan.  Above on the top is more lace and it is from my mother-in-law's family stash.  There are bits and pieces from other papers or embellishments but I love the birds in a row from Pion Design.  They are carrying love letters but you can barely see them to the left of Tilda on the canvas.


Fuller views of the canvas


Bottom of canvas
Top of canvas

Doing a Magnolia canvas is so easy, the canvases come in different sizes so they can be used as gifts or in place of a card.  The modge podge helps keep them preserved,  you just need to be careful using modge lodge with the Distressed Inks, it bleeds.  Sometimes finish spray works the be best.  I hope I inspired you to do a canvas, they are really fun.

Thank you for stopping by my blog and visiting me today, I love all your comments.
Have a grand week ahead.

Kelly

30 comments:

  1. wooow this is just stunning kelly! i love the whole design and the shabby feel...so many gorgeous embellies :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Kelly, you're really getting in to the canvases, I can see that you are enjoying it, nicely done
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your get spot Kelly, it's very well deserved and I love the mixed media canvas you've made, you're a natural with these and I just love the backgrounds that you create, this one is so pretty!

    Fantastic colouring and such a gorgeous layout too. Thank you for the mention you're very sweet, so lovely that you tried out that technique.

    Big hugs to you gorgeous,
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow Kelly your canvas is stunning, so soft and pretty with so many gorgeous details, I'm going back up for another drool lol
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness Kelly!! I love your canvas sweetie, so many beautiful details to see, it's a treasure. Congrats on your Gdt spot, it is so well deserved.
    Hugs
    Suzi x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your GD spot, Kelly...so well deserved! Your canvas is fabulous! Lots of lovely colour, texture and beautifully embellished x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the guest spot Kelly and it's not hard to see why they chose you... a gal of many talents!
    I love this canvas. It looks like a huge amount of work and there is so much detail on here that every time I look at it, I see something new. It's a beauty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OH!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! Kelly. First of all congratulations for your spot as GDT. Wonderful!
    Your canvas is totally beautiful, so unique, I love your background, I love the romantic look , all the nice decorative elements. Your layout is wonderful, gorgeous coloring of both tildas. I so love to see something like this, totally different with tilda, I admire your "audacity", making such project comes so naturally to you. seems like it went on a flow...
    Magnifique! Hugs. xox

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW!!! Fabulous canvas.. Love the colours & wonderful detail... Great textures & design..Love it all...
    Congratulations on the Guest DT spot...
    Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Magnificient! Wowzers what else can I say? Totally so much to look at and admire. You're so talented with these canvas. This is totally gorgeous. I love the colors and every single detail. Congrats on the GDT. You so deserve this!
    Hugs, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Lord Kid -- I think this is the most beautiful work you have done to date - really gorgeous Kelly -- gorgeous and so beautifully done. No you will have to call me and tell me all about every jot and tittle on this delightful canvas. I am so very glad you went with it!!!!!!
    Love you sugar - Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  12. I forgot to say congratulations - honor well deserved and they are extremely lucky to have you. You lead the way kid and we will follow!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous Kelly! Many congrats on your guest dt honor!!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your canvas! Absolutely, stunning! Congratulations on GDT spot. It is well deserved!

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is gorgeous!! You put so much incredible detail into your canvas. I enjoyed looking at everything you added.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kelly, i will need your address, I think I am finished with mine, and ready to ship-I only hope you will like it :)
    Nadia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats to the GD spot Kelly. Love the romantic canvas collage of this beautiful creation :o)
    Hugs,
    Cabio

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Kelly, the canvas that you have created is so gorgeous! I love all the layers of details that you have added to it! Congratulations on your GDT for Simply Magnolia!
    Hugs,
    Suzan

    ReplyDelete
  19. Beautiful canvas Kelly, I love your design and details. A big congratulations on your GDT spot
    Louise

    ReplyDelete
  20. Kelly, this is gooooooorgeous!!!!!! Beautiful! Congratulations on your GDT spot too! :) Nancee

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Kelly, congrats on your post hun and this canvas is wonderful. Love all the fab detail and colours, a work of art.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous make, Kelly. I love all your attention to detail. Lovely Maggies and all the LOVE theme elements are stunning.
    Hugz,
    Cathy Lee

    ReplyDelete
  23. I am absolutely in love with this canvas, Kelly! I sooooo want to learn this technique!!!
    Purchased all the supplies.....now I just have to research and PRACTICE!!!!!!!!!! lOVE, love, love it!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. WOW!! Goodness so much pretty elements. Gorgeous canvas well done. Thanks for swinging by my corner made me smile, Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Ohh This is really amazing! Love this sweet canvas! Stunning embellished as well! Fabulous piece! Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW! I haven't seen anything like this before and it's AWESOME!

    Laura C.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Absolutely, stunning! Love your Gorgeous Canvas project.
    Big Congratulations on GDT spot. It is well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a completely fantastic canvas... amazing details: such beautiful colours, embellishing and images! Thanks so much for your lovely comment over at Words and Pictures... much appreciated! I'm about to sign up so as not to miss anything else...
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!