Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Our Daughters

Hello friends,
If you have a daughter out there you will love Pion Papers newest set My Precious Daughter!  They are not only beautiful but the sentiments are so worthy to scrapbook or make a canvas that will last forever.  I have 1 daughter out of 6 boys so I really love to spend time with her and buy her things. lol  You cannot replace a mother daughter relationship like that.  So when my mom was diagnosed with Dementia, I started to preserve our memories and her personality before it started to be altered.  It is  hard to watch your mom become someone else but as long as she is living her life as best as she can in her own happiness, I support her.  So hang onto those precious memories and scrapbook them!

Here is a canvas I made using the My Precious Daughter Pion Papers from Flying Unicorn Stores the "August Kit of the Month".  This kit is fabulous and then I received a birthday gift to spend so I went back to the Flying Unicorn Store to add more to my crafty collection.  Addiction!!  As I was finishing this canvas, the package arrived in time to add more embellishments to the canvas! I was having the time of my life, kid in a candy store with unlimited candy! haha


The Pion paper is the background, vintage girl and sentiment.  I used the mask that came with the kit to create a textured background around the sides of the canvas and then sprayed it with Prima's bloom in Iris and Gold, also came in the kit.


The flowers are Petaloo with Flying Unicorns own charms, Prima black resin and fairy resin pieces.  I used Alcohol ink to change the color of some of the metal pieces.


The sentiment is on a chipboard piece included in the kit.  I painted and sprayed it until I was happy with the color, it is etched around the sides and the bottom says "smile".


I hope you enjoyed my canvas today. It sure brought me happiness as I thought about my mom and daughter.  While I craft things, thoughts just come into my head in a fun personalized way or sometimes in a healing way.  This could not be a better way for me to create joy.

Thank you for stopping by and wishing you all a wonderful day!
Kelly


8 comments:

  1. Kelly, you have done it again! You have created a mini masterpiece - this is just so beautiful. I am so sorry to hear about your Mum, it must be hard for both of you but it is wonderful that you are creating memories now and I bet your daughter will treasure them too! Hugs, Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful canvas full of love, color and lots of charm. Sorry to hear about your Mom and at least this helps you to deal with the present time. Great therapy with gorgeous results. Keep up the fantastic work. I love it!
    Hug, Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kelly, What a wonderful post, Dementia is a a cruel disease for families to deal with... This is a fabulous way of dealing with it to preserve your lovely memories of your Dear Mum...The canvas is Gorgeous so much Beautiful detail & elements...Love it all...Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is stunning Kelly! I love the colours and all the gorgeousness you've added, just beautiful
    Hugs Julie P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you gave this to your daughter--it is such a beautiful, heart-felt creation. Loads of fabulous details! One that she would treasure, I am sure! I love it! :^)
    My mom passed after suffering with Alzheimer's for years. It is a difficult thing to go through with your parents. I completely understand.
    Hugs, Penny

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my Kelly… this is SO beautiful… what wonderful papers and sentiments… and the flowers and embellishments are just exquisite… I can feel the love that has gone into making this… it will be a treasured keepsake!
    I'm so sorry about your mum… dementia is so hard to rationalise and deal with.... hang onto all those happy memories from the good times hun!!
    Lots of love
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Kelly, this is spectacular and gorgeous! Love the papers and those amazing flowers... it's like there's so many wonderful things to look at and every time I look, I see something I hadn't seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful, beautiful canvas Kelly - I do believe this is where you truly shine!
    Sandy xx

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate you taking the time to leave me a kind comment. May God Bless you today!